Wednesday, March 30, 2016

FIRST COLOURPOP PURCHASE


Pretty late to the colour pop bandwagon, but I'm finally on it! Shipping to Australia was approximately $30AUD (find a friend to split shipping with!), and the products arrived just under 2 weeks. I spent around $92AUD, which also includes shipping and conversion fee. Below are swatches of my purchase, a quick first impression. The colour range from colourpop is huge, whether it's for eyeshadows, lipsticks or cheek products! 

ULTRA METALLIC EYESHADOW - GAMEFACE

METALLIC EYESHADOW - DRIFT

ULTRA METALLIC EYESHADOW - STEREOULTRA METALLIC EYESHADOW -  LALAThe eyeshadows are super creamy and blend quite well. The colour pay off is gorgeous (super pigmented). 'Envy' was broken when I first received it but it was easily fixed by pushing down the product together with my finger (that's how buttery/cushioney it is).In terms of packaging, it comes in a white light-weight plastic compact, with clear, twist-off lids. Second image (top to bottom): stereo, drift, lala and game face.
ULTRA SATIN LIP - FRICK N' FRACK (described as: rosy terracota)



ULTRA SATIN LIP - TOOLIPS (described as: plum brown)

ULTRA SATIN LIP - MESSAROUND (described as: mid-tone grey beige)

I know the ultra matte lip products are super popular,  but my lips simply cannot handle matte lipsticks so I opted for the ultra satin formula. I'm expecting the lipsticks to be long lasting because it was so difficult to remove (swatches). I even tried micellar water and make up wipes, but there were still stains! Once applied to the lips, there's a high chance it won't look like the colour in the tube. Some of my friends have told me it was completely different for them. The product itself on my lips are sticky, but not overly sticky. It's not smooth where you can rub your lips together easily.


HIGHLIGHTER (BOTH PEARLIZED)
Left to right: wisp (described as: golden champagne) and lunch money (described as: soft light gold)

Oh my god, can I just set my foundation with these highlighters? They're freaking gorgeous and super pigmented/buttery like the eyeshadows. Before purchasing the highlighters, I read that wisp is a dupe for BECCA champagne pop, whilst lunch money is a dupe for BECCA moonstone. I haven't tried them on my cheeks yet, but hopefully they show up well.

Below is a video of the swatches in motion - full screen the video, then watch it in 720pHD

No comments:

Post a Comment